Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weaknesses

4-15-2010
Weaknesses

Strengths and weaknesses can be very apparent in other people, but how many of us do a great job of taking a good hard look at our own strengths and weaknesses? I heard the joke about three guys sitting in a row, side by side. They are listening to a speaker, when the speaker says, “did you know that 1 out of every 3 people are crazy? So, take a look at the person on your left, a look to your right, and if they are both normal, then…” The reality is we are all messed up! Here’s the great news, God loves you anyway.

As I really started to take a hard look at my own strengths and weaknesses, a few weaknesses screamed at me. First, I have to have better patience. I tend to think that everyone should go at the same pace I choose to go. Second, I am extremely blunt and transparent, and this can be very misunderstood at times. Therefore, I pray every day for a humble confidence so I won’t appear arrogant. My weaknesses go on and on, but what I want to encourage you to do is to write down a list of weaknesses you need to work on. Once you identify those weaknesses, begin to pray daily that God will deliver you from those weaknesses so your impact in the world can be maximized to the fullest. Understand that some characteristics can be both a strength and a weakness. For instance, I am a Type A personality. This personality trait is a tremendous blessing in many facets of my life, but it can be a hindrance when not controlled. Another example is pride. Pride can be a huge motivator, but it can also be a harmful characteristic that can ruin relationships.

I want to encourage you to dig deep into who you truly are, so that you may get to the root of you. In the book of Romans, we are told a transformation that MUST take place for all of us to truly live. As long as we continue to conform to the patterns of this world, we will be LOST, and ultimately we are limiting the potential God has in store for us.

Application:
1.Read Romans 12:12 (it is quick and you will be happy you read it)
2.Pray that God will reveal your weaknesses to you and that you will grow through them
3.Continue to remind yourself of your strengths while working on your weaknesses

No comments:

Post a Comment